This 55 degree heating temporary construction thermostat is preset to a non-adjustable temperature. Ideal for saving on energy costs during construction.
- Patented and manufactured since 1997
- A capacitor absorbs arc when the contacts open and close. This eliminates the production of heat which can cause the equipment to short cycle.
- Plastic cover also prevents short cycling of equipment by slowing the thermostat response time down
- Bi-metal gold ash contacts
- Two tests done on the bi-metal component and sorted by temperature at the factory
- Two more tests done in-house to ensure temperature differential is accurate
- Approximately 1.5° temperature differential
• How is Temp-Stat wired? It is simply connected across the “W” and “R” terminals (just like any heat-only thermostat).
• Is there any limitation on the thermostat wire run length? No; Temp-Stat is not an electronic sensor, it is a special bimetal thermostat with the same limitations of any other standard thermostat.
• What type of control circuit should be used with Temp-Stat? Use it with only 24 Volt control circuits with a maximum current of 1.0 Amp. Use a relay kit (CS-RY-115 or CS-RY-220) if controlling a line voltage circuit.
• How is Temp-Stat wired for a heat pump? Typically the resistance heat is operated during construction; therefore Temp-Stat would be wired across “W” and “R”. Depending on the equipment, a jumper may be required between “W” and “G” at the air handler to control the fan; however, if the compressor is to be used for temporary heat, simply wire across “Y” and “R” (assuming the changeover valve is energized on a call for cooling).
• Can a simple switch be used in series with Temp-Stat to turn the furnace on and off? Yes; however, the easiest way is to use the “ssu” switch that is almost always installed at the side of the furnace to turn it on and off.
• Can a Temp-Stat be used for cooling applications? Yes; however, a cooling version (CL-70, CL-75, CL-80) must be used because it “makes” on a rise in temperature. It is recommended that a 2-wire short cycle timer be installed in the control circuit of the cooling unit (some units may have this built in).
• What is the expected life of a Temp-Stat? It is the same as any other standard thermostat.
• Do heat, moisture and vibration cause any problems? Heat and moisture do not affect Temp-Stat; however, vibration could cause it to work improperly. It is recommended that it not be mounted on any vibrating surface.
• What is the temperature differential of Temp-Stat? 11/2 degree Fahrenheit.
• What is the warranty? Temp-Stat has a one (1) year warranty