The Robertshaw 1950-518 is a thermopile with two-wire spade connectors and 18 in. leads.
The Robertshaw 1950 Series Thermopiles lead the industry for gas appliance applications. Their primary function is to ensure a standing pilot light is operative so that on a call for heat, the main burner gas will be properly ignited. Thermopiles are placed in gas applications to detect the existence of a flame for safety purposes by shutting off the potential gas flow to a burner. A thermopile is the assembly of many thermocouples to increase the millivolt output.
- Easy burner installation with attached threaded nut
- Stainless steel outer jacket for long life and resistance to heat blistering
- Combination of copper and nickel alloys for good electrical conductivity
- Mica washer to insulate from shorting conditions
- Various lengths available for multiple applications